True History of Democrats Keeping Blacks in Slavery - Republicans Ended Slavery
[caption id=”attachment_3037” align=”alignright” width=”350”] True History of Republicans Ending Slavery While Democrats Fought to Keep Blacks in Slavery[/caption]Anyone who believes a word that comes out of Joe Biden’s mouth about Republicans wanting to put black people “back in chains”, or the long-standing Democrat lie about Republicans being racist, are compete idiots who must not have taken a history class in their lives, or they just don’t care that they have been brainwashed to support the very same party that fought President Lincoln and the Republicans in the Civil War to keep black people in the chains of slavery.
People need to pull their heads out of their asses and bother to find out the truth, rather than blindly accepting the lies that Democrats are still telling to try and hide from their past.
The truth is, that it was Republicans who fought, and gave their lives, to free slaves in the Civil War, and it was the Confederate Democrats fought to keep black people in the chains of slavery. Plain and simple, and anything else is a lie. If you don’t believe us, do some research for yourself.Jefferson Davis was a Democrat U.S. Senator and also became the pro-slavery provisional President of the Confederate States of America, who led the southern state Democrats shameful fight to keep slavery alive.Robert E. Lee was a Democrat and General of the Confederate Army, who led many men to their deaths in the name of keeping slavery alive. Even after losing the war, Robert E. Lee opposed the Republican proposals to give freed slaves the right to vote.John Wilkes Booth was a Democrat who strongly opposed the abolition of slavery in the United States, and who assassinated President Lincoln as retribution for freeing the slaves.Jim Crow laws were enacted by Democrats to segregate public schools, public places, and public transportation, and the segregation of restrooms, restaurants, and drinking fountains for whites and blacks.
Even all the way up to modern times, Democrats have been racist haters of black people.Robert Byrd was a Democrat senator until June 28, 2010, and was a self-admitted KKK member who rose to be the “Exalted Cyclops”, or top officer in the local Klan unit, before openly being a racist pig in the KKK fell out of favor with the Democrat party.
Republicans Ended SlaveryAbraham Lincoln was a Republican, and the great man who freed the slaves, despite the Democrats fighting every way they could to keep slavery alive. “all men are created equal” These are Republican words and ideas which Democrats opposed.
If you don’t believe us, do some research on your own and you will see why the Democrats do not want the Black Community knowing the truth about the Democrat party, which is and always has been the party of racism and slavery in America.
Stand Up To Government Corruption and Hypocrisy - usbacklash.org
- I like the accusation here that there is some vast liberal conspiracy to turn Abraham Lincoln into a Democrat. Um…no? It’s not as if we’re out trying to rewrite history books or wikipedia articles. But, you know, might as well get the accusation in. Someone might believe it.
- Being anti-slavery in the 1860s was not the same thing as being not racist. In fact, in the 1860s, the concept that white people were in every way superior to black people was the norm. It was something virtually all white people believed, Republican or Democrat, slaveholder or abolitionist. It’s just that some people thought it justified slavery…and others didn’t.
- Abraham Lincoln? Total white supremacist. From a campaign speech in Illinois: “ I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]-that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.” (If you keep reading, you’ll find Lincoln’s comment that he’s never encountered anyone who felt that blacks should be equal to whites, which was probably pretty close to true.)
- It’s also facetious to argue that the Republican party of the 1860s is the same party it is today. The party has changed pretty substantially in the past 150 years (of course) and particularly in the middle of the last century. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 effectively shattered decades’ old voting patterns of a Republican North and Democratic South. Southern Democrats felt betrayed by the parts of the Democratic party which had pushed for the Civil Rights Act (including president LBJ) and defected to the GOP. The Republican party took full advantage of this defection with its racist Southern Strategy. Little surprise that from the beginning of the 20th century to the end, the parties had flipflopped the geographic regions and demographics where they held sway. Whereas earlier, the GOP was big in the North and the Democrats big in the South, later the GOP was primarily in the South and the Democrats in the North. Although, regardless, I don’t think position on the Civil Rights movement was any more clear proof of the absence of racism than being anti-slavery was a century earlier.
- So there have been racist Democrats. No surprise there. Also no surprise that there have been racist Republicans…including Honest Abe. We’re talking about a country that until the last 50 years, didn’t even attempt to be NOT openly racist and white supremacist.
- Racism is still a big issue across the board, regardless of political alignment. Most people in their 20s have parents who started off in segregated schools, who remember the passage of the Civil Rights Act and when schools were forced to integrate. The children of the Jim Crow era are currently overwhelmingly the leaders of our country, and you expect us to be shocked that there are racists still in power? Please.
- I think the reason most POC align with the Democratic party has little to do with their belief that white Democrats aren’t racist, but because white Democrats at least aren’t openly contemptuous of them (usually) and pretend to care about the issues that affect their communities some of the time. It’s hardly a perfect party.The OP grossly oversimplifies the issues of race and racism in the US and how race and racism factor into American political parties—past and present. You can’t just go, “Republicans ended slavery. Jim Crow was enacted by Democrats. BOOM! End of story!” That’s ridiculous. If the problem of racism were so clear cut, could only be pinned on roughly half the US population, it wouldn’t have taken 90 years to end slavery, another 100 to end blatantly racist and discriminatory laws that kept POC suppressed, or have continued to be such an issue after an additional 50 years that it is still a prominent feature in political discussions and election campaigns (amongst other things.)Racism is not a Republican problem or a Democratic problem. It’s an American problem.