“My Ancestors were Slaves Too”
The above statement seems to be one of the favorite sayings of the racist. Let’s take a closer look at what it really meant to be a “Slave.”
- Slaves were clothed and fed well, often better than poor free Romans
- “Some” slave owners forced their female slaves into prostitution to earn more money
- When slaves had children, they were often thought to be treated better than their parents because the Masters saw them grow up and “Had a soft spot” for them
- “Some” slave owners turned some of their slaves into “Gladiators” and forced them to fight wild animals in an arena for the amusement of the masses
- “Some slave masters showed their loyalty and how much they cared for their slaves by giving nearly complete charge of their money and business affairs to the slaves without interfering.” (WAIT! WHAT?)
- Saturnalia-A traditional celebration like Christmas in which slaves and masters switched places. In this celebration, the master became the slave and performed all the tasks of the slave, and the slaves did the opposite. (WHAT IS THIS? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?) Let’s move on…
- If a slave talked back they could be whipped or arrested
- Slaves were thought of as property, no human
- They could not use their own names, were assigned names by their master
- There were three ways a Greek slave could “Escape” slavery
- The Government could free them (Huh?)
- Their Master could free them
- Eranoi-A club that LENT MONEY TO SLAVES to buy their freedom. (UM? WHAT IS THIS SHIT?)
- In the early stage, it was perfectly acceptable to rape a female slave
- If a child was conceived between a master and a female slave, the child would be accepted into the master’s home and raised as his own (I’M SORRY, WHAT?)
- Later, sex with a slave was illegal (THE FUCK?) and if you were caught, you were publicly flogged and temporarily excommunicated
- The law stated that Jewish slaves were to be treated better than non-Jewish slaves. This was not always practiced but it was the law.
- Because of this law, Jewish slaves were supposed to be granted similar food, drink, lodging and bedding as their masters (UM?)
- During the Talmudic Era, a Jewish slave was set free after seven years of service (DONE! FUCKING DONE!)
American Black Slaves:
- Tell me, do you really want to see the comparisons on this?
The next time some racist piece of shit tells you that their “Ancestors were slaves too” smile, tilt your head to the side and ask them if they’d like to compare.
Reblogging because too many white people I know try and use this as a “get out of racist discussion free” card.